Thursday, December 15, 2011

Laughter?...Check....Verse for Today - Proverbs 17:22

Photobucket
(This picture makes sense as you go along)

Today's study brought me to Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

So very true.  I remember when I was a kid and I would scan through my grandmother's Reader's Digest magazines.  One of my first stops was always Laughter is Great Medicine or something like that anyway.  I loved reading the funny things that happened to people or the silly little jokes.  

Nowadays, I think I can get caught up in the serious.  Not to a ridiculous degree, mind you.  I married a very silly man and I am a very silly woman.  But I do not actively search out a good laugh like I did when I was a kid.  So I have decided to make laughter one of my resolutions (I think this will be a nice use of a few moments each day).  I will resolve to find something fun or funny to laugh about every day.  I like the idea of looking on the brighter side of life.  Doesn't it sound fun to look for something to laugh about?


If God didn't want us to laugh and enjoy the sillier things, he wouldn't have made some of us so ticklish or so easily amused.  I am really learning that there are so many things to appreciate in this world.  I don't think we need to remind ourselves to be serious, but we definitely need to remind ourselves to let go a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment