Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dreaming

Photobucket

I have been thinking about goals and dreams.  Do you ever feel like although you are happy with your life the way it is, you wouldn't mind a few changes?  It isn't like I am not appreciative of what I have, but I guess I am a little dreamer.  One of my dreams is to live in Carmel.  Of course Carmel is in no way inexpensive so for that dream to be a reality will take a huge act of God.  Still...if there were a way, I would definitely be there. 


I went there on my honeymoon in 2007, and I absolutely fell in love with the place.  Really it just has the appeal to me that so many towns like it do.  It is kind of a small town thing.  I loved the views, the greenery, and of course many of the sweet looking cottages I saw.  I looked at these amazing homes and just wondered to myself what it would be like to live in a place like that.  Imaging waking up to the sound of the surf and the site of the cliffs...magical.  


My husband and I are going back soon.  For some reason this made me totally look at the homes there and in Pacific Grove.  I daydreamed quite a bit about waking up in one of these sweet cottages.  A simple two bed and two bath would be fine with me...though I would appreciate also a yard (front and back) so I could garden. 


I don't feel it is wrong to dream these things...I just wish I could figure out that whole way to make them happen short of winning the lottery of course.  When I come back from my honeymoon.  I'll post some pictures.  


Now speaking of goals.  I have been reading about ways to help you change habits and be successful in endeavors to change.  One of the things I have really wanted to do is spend more time in the  Word.  I have been trying to figure out a way to make this more of a reality.  It is killing me.  I don't want to do it, but I seriously think that getting up earlier is probably going to be my only way to go.  I don't mind getting up early.  I just hate not sleeping.  How sad am I? 


So do I do it?  Do I get up a half an hour earlier so I can spend that time reading my Bible?  Part of me wants to do it, but part of me desperately wants to sleep more.  So here's my plan.  For the n ext week starting tomorrow, I am going to get up one half hour earlier and read my Bible.  I am going to just tell me flesh to shut up and do it.  I am also going to pray for God's help in this.  My flesh is weak, weak, weak.  


Where did this post start?  No idea.  Off to finish watching American Idol.

No comments:

Post a Comment