Thursday, January 19, 2012

Recipes Links From Burgers to Desserts

Photobucket




Am I the only person who goes on a diet and suddenly feels compelled to watch EVERY food show they can find? I have become addicted to Cupcake Wars, Cake Wars, and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, as well as Kid In A Candy Store. I need help. I guess it is better to watch these shows than to actually eat myself into oblivion.


I think one of the things I really like about Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives is the travel. The food too of course. I would LOVE going to different lil eateries all over this country. It is something I kind of picked up from my parents and the various cross country trips we took when I was a child.


Here are a few treats that I am surely going to make.


Original Lauer Kraut Burgers - After watching the fabulous little diner produce these beauties, I was convinced that I must try this recipe out. And in several weeks, I shall. This recipe came from Lauer-Krauts, Brighton, CO. If I ever get to Brighton, I am begging the husband to stop here.


Foolish Guacamole - We have several sports faves around here, and there is nothing like a good snack while watching football, Nascar, or MMA. One of my favorites to make is guacamole. I fell in love with avocados in my teens and guacamole quickly after. I thought BINGO when I watched Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and they showed this amazing guacamole recipe called Foolish Guacamole at Foolish Craig's Cafe in Boulder, CO. Seriously it looks like there are some amazing places to nosh in Colorado!




And now onto the blogging world:


I am continually looking for recipes that can incorporate foods that I have on hand (especially overripe items like bananas).  When I saw Dina's recipe for Healthy Banana Muffins at her blog Just Another New Blog, I was super excited.  First there is a normal option of which would be yummy and a must try.  And in bold, Dina shows the substitutes that she uses to make an even healthier option.  Follow this link and prepare to be delighted!


Healthy Banana Muffins at Just Another New Blog




Norwegian Chocolate Pizza - You never know where you are going to find an enticing recipe. I was perusing Sharon's Garden of Book Reviews when I saw the most tasty looking chocolate treat. It looks addicting and possibly entirely too indulgent, but once in awhile that is what a person needs. Sharon shared Joanne Fluke's Lake Eden Cookbook which is a compilation of yummy recipes found in author Joanne Flukes Hannah Swensen series of cozy mysteries. Check out Sharon's blog today. There are a lot of delightful reviews.


Dark Chocolate Florentine Cookies - These sound good, but click on the link and look at them, and you will agree that they also look amazing. I love anything that utilizes dark chocolate. These look like the perfect cookie gift, and I am really thinking of gifting some friends with cookies on Valentine's day. This recipe from Caramel Potatoes couldn't have been posted at a better time. :)

Pumpkin Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Glaze
- This yummy looking treat comes from Heather's Dish. I love pumpkin and of course coffee cake.



Chocolate Covered Pretzel Pie - Sometimes you open up an email and go "What?" This is what happened to me when I opened my email subscription to Tidy Mom which is Cheryl's wonderful blog. Cheryl, the Tidy Mom who posted a wonderful picture of the most amazing looking chocolatey creamy pie with pretzels! I love a salty-sweet combo of chocolate dipped pretzels, and I imagine I will be just as overtaken by this yummy looking pie. Intesested? You simply HAVE to check out the recipe at Cheryl's blog.

Pumpkin Praline Trifle
- I believe I have mentioned that I adore trifle. It is seriously a dessert that I dream of. I have picked up some extra cans of pumpkin, and I truly think this will be on my must-make list for perhaps my husband's birthday. This divine recipe is located at Baker's Royale.

No comments:

Post a Comment