Sunday, December 18, 2011

Back to Proverbs 29:18

Photobucket

Okay...I was loving YouVersion.com, but something zany happened, and I was put back to the beginning.  I am figuring that this means God wants me to refocus on my dreams and goals.  That seems to be the best way to think about it anyway.  


First things first:


Proverbs 29:18


When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild.
But whoever obeys the law is joyful.


NLT

This version is the New Living Translation, and it makes me think about focusing on walking along the path that God has set before me.  I have my dreams and I pray that they are in God's plan for my life, but really, all I need to do is walk His walk, and he will direct my paths.  I want to accept His guidance, because frankly, I definitely understand the running wild and running into chaos without it.  This isn't to say that I was a bull in a china shop, but honestly, I do believe I could have saved myself much grief if I had just focused on the plan God has for my life.  Of course, this isn't a revelation I had during my worry and scurry years.  But I get it now, and I want to be used to glorify His kingdom in whatever way that He sees fit.


I'm going to stop here now, because I need to do a little planning out for my goals for the new year.  There are so many, and I really need to put them on paper so I can plan and act.



No comments:

Post a Comment