Wednesday, January 4, 2012

HAD A BAD DAY








Have you ever had one of those days where you just can't seem to get on the other side of a funk?  That was me today.  I do not have any idea why, but I kept feeling horrendous today. I cried.  I would stop.  Then I would pick back up again.  I cannot begin to tell you how hard it is to answer phones and be perky when you are crying.  The amazing thing is that I somehow managed to keep it all to myself.  Well not entirely.  I did text a dear friend and asked her to pray for me.  Other than that, I was all smiles when needed.  Those prayers helped as did this verse that I stumbled upon later in the day:


“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me."  John 14:1


I clung to that verse and rewrote it in my little "worry book" (I write my concerns in it when they hit).   Eventually, the pain and sadness, the depression and confusion...

just left.

God is so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment