Sunday, January 8, 2012

Learing To Stop And Pray...AND Study the Word (my verse for the week)

Photobucket


My verse this week:  Habakkuk 1:5, "Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told."


Isn't this a great verse? I can't wait to see what God has planned for me this year.  :)  This will be my total reminder as the week rolls along.  :)


I read a really awesome devotional the other day via Proverbs 31 Ministries.  It reminded me how important it is to just stop and pray.  So many times in my life I stop and pray when chaos is all around me.  But truly I need to be praying all the time.  I need to be communicating with my God just as I communicate with my son and my husband.  I don't just speak to them when my life is in crisis mode.  I shouldn't communicate to my God just when I am in crisis mode or before meals.  Okay...it isn't quite that bad, but I realize that I need to reach out more habitually.  Praying about all things from the good to the bad. Share about my day with God.  Yes...He knows everything that is going on already, but I still need to actively bring God into my day and my nights.


Today I am thankful for:


1-  We had leftovers for dinner.  I am thankful that I had the food leftover to make a good meal for each of us which allowed me to have the time to just enjoy a piece of Sunday with my husband.


2-  I am thankful that my son got up early when I asked so we could get his hair cut, and I could pick up a few much needed items at the store while he got his hair cut.


3-  I am thankful that I found Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning in Jalapeno flavor (SOOOOOO yummy).  It was the perfect treat while watching football today.


Photobucket


I am patting myself on the back today for:


1-  Cleaning out a pile of papers from our coffee table (I am not done yet, but I made a nice dent in the mess).


2-  Making my son laugh.  I like being a funny mom or at least funny to my son.  :)


Looking forward to a beautiful week tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment